Saturday, January 15, 2005

Prezdent Whistle-ass

Tiffiny had a movie showing again at the arts center last night. I was totally late because the parents of the kid I was babysitting came home half an hour late. It's all good though...three hours with her, I got 50 bucks. Anyway, some of the movies there were like last time; making me glad I'm not prone to seizures. Other than Tiff's, there were two I really liked. One was a documentary about the controversy over Michael Moore's visit, and the other a black and white cartoon about the failure of the economy while Bush's voice over the radio spewed crap about it never being higher. As he said this, the cartoon man and his family sat listening, as he held a layoff notice in his hand. The story progressed to where his house was foreclosed and a truck came down the street with Bush's voice over the loud speaker, with a sign on the side of the truck that said "Re-Elect Prezdent Whistle-ass." I thought it was funny.

Afterward, we convened at Village Inn for pie, which took over 45 minutes for the waitress to bring, and another 30 for her to bring the bills. Truth be told, I think she only brought them because after Brook said she now understood Dine 'n' Ditching, we all stood and put on our coats. Penny left her a quarter for a tip.

Tiffiny is interviewing Billy Boyd at Sundance next week; we're all planning to go up there for lunch on the 27th. Of the confirmed list of celebrites to be up there...Laura Linney and Ralph Finnes. Voldemort will be at Sundance! (insert happy dance, though that seems to be a little odd...happy dance for the "dark lord"?)

And now, I'm off to Barnes and Noble. I think I'll stop by and see if Jason wants to go, though I think he and Jeannie are mad at me or something. Whatever. The problem lies with them if they are. How can I be responsible for something I know nothing about?

edit: I'm back from B&N now. I got 3 books, Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones's Diary and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, and Maeve Binchy's Circle of Friends, and the DVD Girl with a Pearl Earring. I didn't realise until I hit the checkout that all are Colin Firth related...ah the power of a sexy brit...

3 Comments:

Blogger Richelle said...

I'm reading Bridget Jones's Diary now, it's really good. Very different than the movie. She thinks she's fat at 124 lbs. I WANT to be 124 lbs!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I currently hate everyone under 180....

You need to read Cause Celeb next. And dont foget that Edge of Reason the book is nowhere near as good as the movie.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

PS tell Billy Boyd to make more movies! I loved him in Master and Commander...

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home