Wednesday, September 21, 2005

One of the moms called today to complain to my boss that I'm too mean to her son. In all honesty, if it had been any other child, I would have felt bad that the kid thought I treated him that way, but this one? I don't give a shit. Again, in all honesty, he's a very nice boy...when he wants to be. He can be very helpful, he is friendly, has a good sense of humor, BUT. He's stubborn, obstinate, he's hit me on more than one occasion, and can get very very hyper. He runs around screaming, laughing at stupid things and gets the other kids all riled up. I was REALLY looking forward to him going to kindergarten. His mother decided at the last minute to pull him from his new school and leave him with us for the year.

Luckily for me, my boss told her that she always hears me with him. Even though I'm only with him for about 2 hours, I always start off the same way I am with all the others. Eventually, I get frustrated with him refusing to do whatever I tell him to do, and make him take a rest. I never touch him, I hardly raise my voice to him etc. She also told the mother that he frustrates her and the other teachers as well, and doesn't blame me at all for treating him the way I do. However, she does not think I am "mean" to him.

She then says to me, "the nerve of that woman! How can she blame us for her son's behaviour? She's the one that refuses to do anything about it. She doesn't even have a job and she can't even be bothered to let him have a short day?" He's there from about 9:00 until 4:30.

Yesterday, he wasn't listening to me when I had had enough of him, and was trying to make him lie down, he stood on a shelf and tipped the whole thing over on top of him. It wasn't a big shelf and it only had a few art supplies on it, but I heard the crash at the same time the other teacher there did. When I looked at him pushing the shelf off of himself and said, "WHAT did you DO?" all he would say was, "I'll fix it! I'll clean it up!" He had that look that said he clearly knew he shouldn't be standing there. He never did tell me that he was standing on the shelf. Too bad it didn't teach him anything. He stood on another one today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Complete and utter nightmare. I see stuff like Nanny 911 and think, what the hell are these parents doing to these children. It's called discipline lady--get some!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
vacation rentals website hosting infusion software starting a business austin air purifier air purifier filter credit card processing credit cards credit cards online refinance mortgage rates solano county ca12687 data recovery hard drive utah sri lanka business opportunity phentermine+diet

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Chevrolet cargo covers http://www.modern-bookcases.info/ephedrine-and-wellbutrin.html wellbutrin

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home