Thursday, January 19, 2006

Vent, bitch, gripe, moan

1. Who knew that my watch, the two clocks in my classrooms, the one in the entryway, the one in my car, as well as the one in my bedroom and bathroom AND the one on my cell were ALL wrong? Yep, that's right. Every single one. Strange thing is, when I called 555-1212 to get the time to fix all these wrong clocks, that THEY would be wrong too? Utterly amazing.

Who knew that the one in my boss's classroom is the ONLY clock that has the world's only correct time? So...according to this...I was 5 minutes late to work today, and the first child to arrive was stuck outside for 5 minutes while I frittered away my time at home, or brushing the snow off my car or something? I am so bloody dumbfounded.

2. I’m only the slightest bit gratified that my $83 gas bill in December has gone done to $71 for January. Twelve fucking dollars. I’ve been freezing my ass off for twelve fucking dollars?

3. I've gained 7 pounds between the week before Christmas and today.

4. Blogger is on crack. This is the 4th attempt to publish this blog, AND have it show up. Published at 1:57 pm my ass. 6:00 pm is more like it.