Thursday, April 28, 2005

Parents

I realise it takes all kinds, but there really are some that I can live without. Forgive me, but as I spend my day with 20 children, I think I have a few ideas about how to raise them.

Diapers/Toilet Training

Like how I now believe that ones-ies are devil sent. At least for children who wear pants. For crying out loud, if your child is wearing pants, just put a top on them. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to change a diaper when the outfit consists of pants, a shirt or two and a onesie? It's not that easy!

Speaking of diapers, toilet training should begin in earnest at two years. Three years old is too old to be wearing diapers.

I hate pullups. They are just as difficult as a onesie. Except that you have to completely undress the kid to get the new one on, and you have to rip the old one off.

I have a three year old girl who refuses to use the potty, and won't tell me when she's wet. If I don't check her, she can go all day with a 10 pound diaper. I have a barely two year old who uses the toilet about 30% of the time and the rest will ALWAYS tell me when she's wet.

I have one little boy whose father has to be one of the dense-ist man I have ever met. Not only is this poor kid already three and still in diapers, the father never brings diapers to school despite how often I ask him to.

Then there is the mother who fed her son prunes for dinner. No extra information needed here I hope.

Lunch

The same child who never brings a diaper change nearly never brings lunch to school. The poor kid feels left out because he doesn't get to sit with his friends, instead he is sent to play...alone. Yeah, real fun. On the rare occasion he does bring lunch, he doesn't bring a drink. Half way through the meal, he's thirsty. I have nothing to give him, and his eyes start tearing up after a while. Yesterday I told his ignoranus (yes, I am aware of the spelling) father to make sure he packs a juice box or water bottle in the bag. He looked at me if I were speaking a combination of German and Chinese. Seriously, if he can't afford that, he could at least send along an empty cup for water.

I won't even go into another little girl's parents. Suffice it to say, we have taken it upon ourselves to supply her with a little water bottle, a hairbrush, and often a little something extra to add to her lunch, other than her daily PB&J sandwich.

What is the point of having children if you aren't going to spent time and money on them? If you're dropping your child off at school for 4-8 hours a day, for heaven's sake send them along with diapers (if needed) a change of clothes, and at least one drink!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I won't get started on those evil people. Just glad they have people like you that care and attempt to edumecate them!!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
http://www.proactivsolution4.info/Paintball_games_for_free.html Pda the guardian dealer georgia kia

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home