Friday, May 27, 2005

"It's like pulling teeth"...new meaning to that phrase for me!

I had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. You wouldn't know it my looking at me though. No swelling, no bruising, very minimal bleeding. The only thing different is that I can't eat solid food. Percoset is great!! My bottom lip is a bit cut up, because I kept biting it. On pupose. It was completely numb from about 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Everything else thawed out but that. My lower jaw is a little bit sore, but that's it. No pain, nothing. Throw that in the face of everyone who told me what a horrific experience it was!! (i.e. Laura who said having teeth pulled was the most primitive process and they would have to bang away at my jaw, reminicent of the was Tom Hanks pulled a tooth with an ice skate in "Cast Away.")

Jason stopped by around 9:00 pm, and I was telling him about how much medication they had put in me in the chair. When my mom threw in (from another room) how I was giggly and loud and leaning on her hard as she got me home, Jason looked at me and said quietly, "Wonder what that's liked!" He has had quite alot of experience with me in that department. "That's enough out of you!" I whispered back. He laughed.

I slept pretty much fine last night. I went to bed like 11:00 pm...and woke up to very rhythmic gasping coming from the apartment ACROSS THE POOL (about 1:45). "Thaaaaat's nice." I thought. I got up because I tasted a bit of blood on my tongue so I got up to get a teabag. I was almost asleep again (2:20 am) when the girl who lives two doors down from me walked up the stairs like an elephant talking loudly to someone. Nearly asleep again, (2:30ish) about 4 people started talking quite loudly and going in and out of an apartment downstairs. I almost got up to yell through the window to shut the hell up. They left, and I finally got back to sleep. Then woke about 5:45 with my mom calling my name, asking if I was alright. She said I was making noises. Which I don't remember, but anything is possible.

I'm good now, so we're off to Costco, as soon as I get my lazy butt off the computer and into the bathroom!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Still have mine.

And you can call me anytime you can't sleep. I guarentee you Ella are not either...

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
rating of samsung refrigerators refrigerator specifications Mini forex trading3emini forex trading2c3ca3e Ramipril tadalafil 1993 lexus es300 new head light Job oppertunites in the rose quarter

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home